CMS for SharePoint®
Based on security and performance arguments most organizations prefer to use separated platforms and different specialized software products to run their intranet and their public websites. This, however, is a handicap for "straight-through" processes and a smooth flow of information. SharePoint, the platform for Intranet collaboration and onion.net, the professional web content management system, do complement each other in an ideal way.
The onion.net SharePoint Integration transfers relevant information automatically, rapidly and securely from SharePoint to the public Web and vice-versa. In this process the version and approval status in SharePoint is always taken into account. If an approval is withdrawn in SharePoint, the corresponding information is also cancelled on the Web, immediately and automatically. The rapid, easily expandable platform, onion.net can therefore link content, context and communication on the Web with collaboration processes on the intranet. Real-time integration facilitates more topical information and better self-service on the Web.
- Publish content easily and securely from SharePoint to the Web. onion.net recognizes modification of the relevant SharePoint documents in real time and keeps the content on the Web automatically up to date.
- Transform user generated information (on a public website controlled by onion.net) to native SharePoint data (e.g. list items) and to start a workflow for further processing.
- Make any onion.net content available to SharePoint users by webparts.
- The onion.net SharePoint integration adds to the value of any SharePoint installation, thus supporting the strategy, to implement SharePoint as the central collaboration platform for workgroups and teams in the enterprise.
- The intelligent distributed caching of onion.net is also effective at the interface to SharePoint. Thus additional internet users can be accommodated at no extra load on the SharePoint server farm.
onion.net is optimized for quick projects with virtually unlimited expandability. This sounds like magic, but it is just a result of the latest model-driven technology of onion.net, which reduces the developer’s workload very effectively. When, for example, the developer defines a new content type, onion.net shall adapt the user interface and the database automatically. This is reducing the project efforts. At the same time the solution is kept tidy and at highest performance.